Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 22 – Monday December 27th 2010 (Milan, Italy)

We were able to sleep on the train but we were still pretty tired by the time we got to Milan. The best part of Italy was when this little girl came into our cabin on the train and started singing in Italian. It was so cute, she sat next to us and we stuck our tongues out at each other for the rest of the train ride. When we got into Milan we immediately found a very cheap Hostel and checked in. It was actually a one star hotel so it had all kinds of amazing things we weren’t used to. Our own room, our own bathroom, hot water, little soaps and shampoo and a cup and even a bathmat! We both agreed it should be a 5 star Hotel it even had the greatest elevator ever, the smallest most scary and great elevator ever. I was so excited about the room that I ran out to the balcony and asked a small boy to buy the biggest Christmas goose he could find. The sight of a brand new city buoyed our spirits and soon we were exploring the posh streets of the fashion capitol of the world. We visited Armani, Prada, Louis Viton, Gucci, and a bunch others. I played on a 14000 euro foosball table and I wore a 4000 euro coat. I felt like a movie star. We also visited this amazing huge cathedral there that we didn’t even know about. I can’t believe it escaped us. Then we ate at a fine Italian restaurant. It was interesting being in Italy. I was able to use my Spanish again because people can at least understand what I’m talking about even if they only respond in Italian and that’s a great help. I also love the food here I ate a salad with the juiciest most amazing tomatoes I’ve ever eaten. It’s absolutely fantastic. I had Panini with meat sauce and we got mineral water with “gas” (carbonation). We walked through the streets a bit more and eventually we got sleepy so we went back to the apartment and fell into a deep slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment