Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 36 – Monday January 10th 2011 (Tunis, Tunisia)

I was pretty excited today to eat more Tunisian food… Especially Ojja. I really love the food in Tunisia. I walked the streets and became more familiar with everything and I went to the tourism office and got a map finally. I also took some pictures and had my first experience with the secret police (crotchety police dressed in civilian clothes). I went into the medina again and found out the prices of the things I thought I might want to buy so I could ask Connie if they were reasonable. I also ate Ojja again. I was pretty excited to go longboarding with Connie and to get out of the terrible Hostel I was staying in. I met Connie at 730 pm and we dropped my bag off and then went out on the town with the longboard after the fish she was cooking leapt onto the kitchen floor. We actually had tons of fun and I found out that I had tons in common with this girl. We talked and walked around and raced up and down the main street and tried to break into the clock tower and then we dropped off the board and went out again to get some croissants for the next morning. It was nice to be out walking around in a brand new country and talking to someone whose warm intelligence made me tingly. We stayed up late talking after we went home and eventually I went into my downy sleeping bag and passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment