Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 23 – Tuesday December 28th 2010 (Venice, Italy)

Today is Venice day! The city of Lorrrvveeee! YAY! We got ready and ran to the train. The train ride was smooth and full of sleep and then I was ready to conquer the city of rivers. We found a Hostel right away although our room only had one bed (how romantic). Right after we dropped our bags off we ran outside and I took 23432 photos in 3 seconds. I love Venice, its amazing and it doesn’t smell like I thought it would. I really wanted a gondola ride though except its 120 for two people… I talk a guy down to 30 a person but Lijah didn’t want to. I can understand though, it one thing to spend money to impress a girl but quite another to shell out dough to take a romantic boat ride with your manfriend. Anyway, we saw a lot of amazing things in Venice as we walked around and I began to appreciate how a city whose economy is completely based on tourism can have a great arts community. There are tons of galleries and museums and theaters in Venice. We saw a bunch of art galleries and churches and a music museum and an opera house and a massive basilica and we went into tons of stores and I got Italian Pizza and bread and gelato and Italian cookies and everything was grand. Unfortunately Lijah got food poisoning so we went home slightly early or at least he did, and I came home a bit later. Overall it was outstanding and I hope I got some great photos. I stayed up way too late catching up on my journal and editing the photos. Ughgh not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment