Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 39 – Thursday January 13th 2011 (Tunis, Tunisia)

The next morning was kinda crazy cuz I knew I was leaving today. It was actually really sad and I thought about just staying so I could hang out more. I had a schedule to keep though and so I packed up and left Connie a note and took off. I had some time before my ferry so I just kinda hung out for a while and saw the military getting more mobilized. Over the next three or four days there were tanks and tear gas often left its residue in the air. The President left the country and the rioters torn down his posters that were all over the city and hopefully gained the economic freedoms they were protesting for. The rioters did do a lot of stealing and more people died. I was pretty worried about Connie and Lina over the next few days but they survived. My ferry was delayed until 930 pm so I had to hang out and take my time going through security. After a while I was able to get onto the ferry and just relax. The revolution was over. For me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment