Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 28 – Sunday January 2nd 2011 (Rome, Italy)

TODAY WAS VATICAN DAY! The Vatican is a whole new country btw. Its full of history and swiss guards who look funny and are kinda rude if you ask me. We loved the Vatican sooo much, I finally got to see catacombs! I was soo excited! There weren’t any bones or walls made of skulls or things like that but it was still great. We also went to the very top of St. Peter’s Basilica and looked over all of Rome. It was beautiful and we had to climb 521 steps to get up there. It was harder than the time we climbed the highest mountain in Spain. It was like a fun house up there because everything gets all slanty and strange up there in the dome. We joked that they really need to make it a slide on the way down. It would be the greatest ride ever. The Vatican Jesus Slide, that’s what they could call it. After the Basilica and the culpa and the grottoe and all the other cool parts of the Vatican we headed over to the coliseum and walked around it about a billion times as we talked and it got dark. Finally we went and got out bags and then headed over to the train station. We hung out at McDonalds until Lijah had to leave and then we said our tearful goodbyes and Lijah warned me that I should try not to die. I took his advice to heart. After Lijah left it felt kinda weird. I was really sad to see him go. I decided I better figure out where I’m going next and all the details of the trip and so I went to a corner and figured it all out on the laptop complete with day for day itinerary and how much money I’m going to probably spend. I got kinda nervous about how much money I’ll be spending so I decided to just stay in the train station for the night. It was a stupid idea. It got cold, I was told to leave by the police, they checked my passport.. twice, and even when I found a guy offering a hostel for 15 euro and accepted he just told me to wait 15 min. and then he never came back… I hate that guy. So anyway now I’m all caught up on my journal so I guess staying up allnight in a freezing train station in Rome served some purpose. Grrrrrrr… its 3am and I’m kinda sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment