Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day one - Monday December 6th 2010

I woke up at 6 and got ready. I showered and made sure I knew where I was going and I left to go pick up Elijah from the airport. About a quarter mile down the road I realized I forgot my cell phone so I literally ran back to get it. I had heard of a closer B3 autobus parada and so I tried to find it instead of walking the 40 min walk to the main bus stop. I found it! It said that a bus was coming in 10 min. That sign was a liar though!  I waited to a whole hour… I was def going to be late to pick up Elijah. Finally the bus came and told me to wait outside in the rain while he just sat there for another 20 min. because the bus leaves at 830.. anyway, the bus got me to avd america really fast and I was able to get to the airport about 10 min after lijah was suppose to land, although his flight was late so I was early! I saw him and we hugged and traveled back and I showed him the house and introduced him to the fam. we got situated and talked for a while while it rained outside and then K-Unit called, one of my recent converts who was randomly in Madrid so we went there to meet her. We met another friend of ours David there also and then we went of to a tapas bar to get some food. Later we took pictures of old buildings and walked through a beautiful park with cobble stone path and we found this creepy guy rocklimbing under a bridge and so I joined him for a bit and he turned out to be a cool guy who warned me about wet spots and played hip music, soon we were off to find this mystical palace. We ended up walking down this path that kept repeating itself by the river and we eventually found this dam. I decided I wanted to climb down into the dam and so I did and we got video. First international illegal act. I think.. After that we found the palace and it had this hedge maze in front and it was really amazing. We learned that the royal family lives there. Then we walked to a basilica and found a huge crowd listening to street performers and after we left in search of ice cream. We turned the corner and there were 3 ice cream shops in a row. It was glorious and may free samples were had. After that we walked some more and were sooo exhausted that we just had to go home. We said goodbye and took the metro to the buses again. Then we walked home from Alcala. When we got in we ate some payola and then I wrote this and Im sorry for me poor writing but I'm sooo tired. Its only 11:18 ughhgh. Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment